One could argue that fascism exists on a scale of severity. I'd like to propose one here.
- Scale of Fascist Regimes:
- Straussian/Neoconservative (ex. United States under George W. Bush).
- Quasi-Democratic (ex. Italy under Silvio Berlusconi, New York City under Rudolph Giuliani).
- Softcore Fascist (ex. Chile under Augusto Pinochet, Singapore under the People's Action Party).
- Hardcore Fascist (ex. Italy under Benito Mussolini).
- Genocidal/Megalomaniacal Fascist (ex. Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler).
For now, though, we shouldn't worry about that. Our main focus should be on preventing Trump from graduating to №2 and preventing the negative effects of his current policies.